Best Practices of Generating Dynamic vCards
A vCard is a digital business card or a contact card that can be shared in a .vcf file format, through text messaging. Using our API, you can dynamically generate and send vCards to your clients.
Possible Fields in a vCard
- Full Name
- Organization (Name of your Company)
- Title (Job Title)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Location/Mail Address
Recommended Image File Type, Size, and Dimensions
We recommend a square photo with a minimum size of 400×400. We recommend a jpg image but we support png and gif file types.
Additional Advice for Images
- We do not recommend using an image larger than 3:2 or 2:3 ratio. The resulting image may be stretched, blurry, or cut off as a result.
- We do not recommend using an image with a transparent background since the background may turn black on certain handsets.
- We do not recommend using an animated gif for the photo since the image will lose its animation when converted.
- We support up to four phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses in the vCard.
- We support the labels ‘work’ and ‘home’ for the phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses labels in the vCard.
- For more information, please visit the API documentation here.