To run a successful marketing campaign, a brand must first get the message to their target consumers. Many brands choose to use text messaging and social media for their campaigns. In both cases, the person needs to follow or opt-in to receive ongoing communications from the brand. When reaching out to consumers through either channel, it is important that they actually see and remember the message. Both channels have their own set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Brand names can be searched
- Can include photos and videos
- The direct public 2-way communication channel between the brand and consumer
- Followers are able to easily ‘Share’ their messages with friends, increasing the potential outreach
- Over-saturated industry, messages may be ignored
- Brands cannot personalize messages for each audience member
- Multimedia content is within the social media platform but over-saturation makes it difficult to access again
- No guarantee content will be seen by the majority of followers without paying extra
Brand recall relies on leaving a positive, lasting impact on consumers. Social media, SMS messaging, and MMS messaging all have their benefits, but the most effective method in establishing brand recall would be MMS or multimedia messaging. With benefits including memorable images, two-way line of communication, individualized content, and more, multimedia messaging is the most effective tool for a successful marketing campaign focusing on Brand Recall.