Pass Data is data merged with Pass Templates when they are generated or updated in order to uniquely personalize each Pass.
Importing Pass Data
1. Select the ‘Records’ link under the Pass Data column for the pass template that you want to import pass data into.
2. Select the “Import Dynamic Pass Data” button.
3. Map the standard pass fields to the corresponding columns of your CSV/TSV file.
There are a few default fields:
- Customer Reference: The customer reference, such as an email address, phone number, or customer ID, used to reference a particular customer.
- Custom Pass ID: The identifier from your system to identify the pass or pass data. Note that the Custom Pass ID is required for each data row and must be unique.
- Authstring: Authorization strings that are used in the generatePassById and generatePassByRef API to validate the issuance of a pass. Authorization strings can be in the form of password, passcode, date of birth, etc.
Additional pass fields are included only if the fields in the pass template are set to dynamic from within the Pass Template Builder.
5. Once you have finished the mapping process, press the “Import Pass Data” button. Make sure to check the “Skip the first row when importing the Pass Data File” option if the first row in your CSV/TSV file is made up of column names.
6. The pass data is now imported. Each row (record) will contain pass data corresponding to a data row from your CSV/TSV file. Now you can deliver unique and personalized passes to your audience members.
Here are the personalized passes from this example:
Pass Data FAQs
How do I update my customers’ pass data once I delivered the passes to them?
- You can update the dynamic data of each individual generated and installed passes in the Manage Passes page. Click the ‘Manage’ link of the pass template that you want to update. Then click ‘Update Pass’ to update the dynamic data of the pass.
- You can create a Pass Update Campaign in the Pass Campaign Manager page. Within the campaign, import your updated pass data and schedule a date and time for the update to begin.
- You can use the updatePassByID API.