Card Data is data merged with Card Templates when they are generated or updated in order to uniquely personalize each card.
Importing Card Data
1. Select the ‘Records’ link under the Card Data column for the card template that you want to import card data into.
2. Select the “Import Dynamic Card Data” button.
3. Map the standard card fields to the corresponding columns of your CSV/TSV file.
There are a few default fields:
- Customer Reference: The customer reference, such as an email address, phone number, or customer ID, used to reference a particular customer.
- Custom Card ID: The identifier from your system to identify the card or card data. Note that the Custom Card ID is required for each data row and must be unique.
Additional card fields are included only if the fields in the card template are set to dynamic from within the Card Template Builder.
4. Once you have finished the mapping process, press the “Import Card Data” button. Make sure to check the “Skip the first row when importing the Card Data File” option if the first row in your CSV/TSV file is made up of column names.
5. The card data is now imported. Each row (record) will contain card data corresponding to a data row from your CSV/TSV file. Now you can deliver unique and personalized cards to your audience members.
Here are the personalized cards from this example:
Card Data FAQs
How do I update my customers’ card data once I delivered the cards to them?
- You can update the dynamic data of each individual generated and installed card in the Manage Cards page. Click the ‘Manage’ link of the card template that you want to update. Then click ‘Update Card’ to update the dynamic data of the card.
- You can create a Card Update Campaign in the Card Campaign Manager page. Within the campaign, import your updated card data and schedule a date and time for the update to begin.
- You can use the updateCardData API.